How do I hire a web professional if I need extra help?
The beauty of DMXReady is that it gives you a huge step towards creating a unique website solution so that you don't have to build from scratch. However, in most cases, you may need to customize it to your needs, changing the design, the graphics, or even the code. We encourage you to do it yourself.
If you don't have the time or the desire to customize yourself, there are thousands of freelance web professionals who can help you. But how do you find the right one?
- Determine what you need - The better you can narrow down the project - adding a template, adding graphics, or building the whole thing for you, etc. - the better you'll know what kind of web professional you should hire. For example, a web designer can skin your website, but may not be able to make changes to your database.
- Contact several designers for quotes - You'll likely find a wide variety of quotes - and the lowest quote isn't necessarily the best one. Read their proposals carefully to be sure of (a) what is covered in the proposal and (b) they sound like they know what they're talking about.
- Make sure they are comfortable working with Bootstrap, Jquery, ASP (VBScript) - Most web designers are comfortable working in any medium like HTML, ASP, etc., while others specialize. Try to match what they do best with what you need most.
- Provide FTP access to staging environment (not live/production environment) - It is good practice to setup up a development/staging website environment which includes your working application code. This way you can give a freelancer the ability to look at the code/architecture/database so they can accurately estimate the time, cost & effort involved in your customization project. You & your chosen freelancer can also use this staging environment to test & review changes as they happen.
For larger projects that require extensive customization or advanced debugging, we recommend posting your project requirements in 2 or more separate projects that group your requirements based on technical skill required.
- Project 2: Fix Programming related issues (Skills Required: ASP vbscript, SQL, Databases etc.)
*Remember to add a live link next to each feature/task/bug/issue in your spreadsheet so programmer/designer can easily review the live page in question.
In some cases, it's best to start off posting a project that includes one simple feature/task/bug/issue at a time. This is a good way to attract designers/programmers for your project.
If you are having difficulty finding help for your advanced customizations/debugging requirements, consider simplifying your feature/functionality/design requirements to eliminate the bug/issue altogether.
What qualifications should you look for?
Here is a basic list of requirements for your reference. Note again that depending on what you need, not all of these skills are necessary for every project:
- Experience working with Bootstrap/HTML5/CSS3/jQuery
- Experience/familiarity coding in Classic ASP (VBscript)
- Have experience working with web databases (MS ACCESS, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Experience using shared hosting services (1and1, GoDaddy, Rackspace etc.)
- Familiarity with the Windows Server Environment (Windows 2003, IIS 7)
- Experience using Dreamweaver or another HTML editor.
- Familiarity with design resources like themeforest.net, adobe.com etc.
How to hire Professional help
- How to hire a web design firm: http://webdesign.about.com/od/strategy/a/hire_web_design.htm
- How to hire the right freelance web designer: http://thenextweb.com/dd/2011/05/28/how-to-hire-the-right-freelance-web-designer/
- How to hire a webmaster for your site: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/218121
- How to hire a programmer: http://sivers.org/how2hire , http://37signals.com/svn/posts/2628-how-to-hire-a-programmer-when-youre-not-a-programmer
- How to hire a graphic designer: http://www.ehow.com/how_107863_hire-graphic-designer.html
- How to hire a web host: http://blog.styleapple.com/how-to-choose-the-right-web-hosting-company/
Where to hire professional help
There are hundreds of 1000's of freelance programmers, web designers, coders, webmasters, graphic designers, content managers, copywriters, seo specialist etc. willing and able to help you customize your DMXReady app to your exact specifications. Here are a few websites offering a quick and easy way to hire a professional help :
- Hire a Freelance Programmer - There are 1000's of freelance programmers willing and able to modify your DMXReady app to your exact specifications. Here are a few websites offering a quick and easy way to hire a programmer. See the complete list here:
- Post on LinkedIn Classic ASP Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Classic-ASP-111569
- Post on Craigslist - http://www.ehow.com/how_2032763_post-job-openings.html
- Do-It-Yourself - No matter what your skill level now, you can always learn how to do it yourself. In fact, 99% of web designers today are self-taught, and if they can do it, you can do it too. - Learn how.