Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
Document Library Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide Document Library Manager v1
Information sharing. That’s what the Internet is all about. And some websites have a lot more information to share than others. If your client is in the business of distributing a large number of files to customers, employees, clients, or the general public, DMXReady’s Document Library Manager will be an invaluable assistant to their website.
Document Library Manager is more than just a way of storing and distributing files on a website. For your client’s visitors, it is more like a personal librarian. Simply type in the keywords and the Document Library Manager will narrow the list to only those files. Visitors can also search by category.
PDF files, Word docs, JPEGs, MP3s, any file that your client wants to sell or share can be easily uploaded and displayed complete with descriptions. And all files in the Document Library Manager are stored in a single, securable folder on the server. Best of all, with the user-friendly browser interface, anyone with basic Internet and e-mail skills can easily change, delete, and update files – right from their own computer.
Document management has never been this easy!
DMXReady Designer's Tip: You Don't Need the Dewey Decimal System, but...
For those will extra-large libraries of files, you may find it easier to plan your online Document Library ahead of time. Break down the files into separate categories, or at least identify what those categories will be. Although DMXReady's Document Library Manager is easy to use, pre-planning will make using this tool even easier!
When you first install DMXReady Document Library Manager into a Dreamweaver MX website, you will note a sample database that you may experiment with. Once you are ready to start your own Document Library, you can delete these entries as shown below.
Set up your categories before entering items into the Document Library.
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/DocumentLibraryManager/admin.asp You will note a table with the following headers: Category, Item Name, Download Link, and a link listed as Insert New.
- Click on Insert New.
- Click on Add/Edit New Category.
- A pop-up box will appear. In the text box next to Add New Category, type the name of your first category and click on Insert New.
- The pop-up window disappears and you are back to the Document Library creation page. Repeat the above process until all your categories are included.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: SAVE YOUR CHANGES OFTEN!
Due to security reasons, Document Library Manager does not autobackup any changes to your server. Therefore it is recommended that you save your changes often. If you fail to save your changes, not only will your edits not be “published” to your server, you will also lose any changes that you have made and you will have to start again.
Once you have designated a category, it can be easily changed, replaced, or deleted. This can be done at anytime during creation or administration of the website; all changes made to category names will be automatically updated throughout the Document Library.
- In the Document Library creation page, click on Add/Edit New Category
- When the pop-up window appears, select the category you wish to change. Once you've made the changes, click on Update.
- To delete the category altogether, click on Delete.
Once you have created your categories, you are ready to add documents to your library. Documents can be any file type: PDF, Word Doc, Executable File, MP3, JPEG, Zip File -- literally any file that you would like to share with others. (Don’t worry if you think of another category during this process, just click on Add/Edit Category again and you can immediately insert it.)
- On the Insert New Item page, use the pull-down menu to select the category you want to enter the document under (if applicable).
- In the corresponding text boxes, type the document name, description, and location on your hard drive (use the browse button if you do not know the exact location).
- Click Insert Record. The file will automatically be uploaded to your server.
- Repeat this process until all documentss are inserted into your Document Library.
- To change a document name, description, or file, go to the Show All page (the first page that appears when you enter the admin page).
- Click Edit next to the Document Library that you wish to change. All the document's information will appear just as you have entered it. Make the required changes and click Insert Record .
- To delete a Document Library, go to the Show All page (the first page that appears when you enter the admin page).
- Click Delete next to the Document Library that you wish to remove. All information and related files will be immediately removed from the server.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: When Sharing Files...
Make sure that you have secured the required permissions to distribute files and documents owned by others. Unauthorized distribution copyrighted files can lead to a lot of headaches for your client!
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady Document Library Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of Document Library Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the Document Library Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using Document Library Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin Document Library Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin Document Library Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & Document Library Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from Document Library Manager v1.
- Wrap the Document Library Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin Document Library Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use Document Library Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize Document Library Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):