Any quick web search for "ASP vs. PHP" will reveal something interesting: those who use PHP are quite vocal about Classic ASP being dead or obsolete. It's true, Microsoft hasn't upgraded it in a number of years. But Classic ASP is far from dead.
Most interesting is that during this whole debate, there are many Classic ASP programmers quietly plugging away at their own code, making amazing websites and apps despite the naysayers.
Here at DMXReady, we are of course biased - we've been supporting Classic ASP applications since 2003. But there is a reason for our bias. We believe that the strengths of Classic ASP outweigh any perceived weaknesses.
But when it comes down to it, why do programmers have to choose one language over another anyway? Classic ASP is a great language for beginners and do-it-yourselfers thanks to its ease of use and great resources online to help them through. There are many professional programmers today who say that Classic ASP is their favorite programming language and still use it. In many cases PHP isn't even an option for those running their websites on Microsoft (Windows) servers.
In short, you don't have to choose. If you're already a PHP programmer, picking up Classic ASP will be relatively breezy. To make it even easier, there are many resources available on the web, including this compendium of the most common functions in both asp/php languages. The page also includes a link to an ASP Translator that will do most of the work for you.
It's all about the joy of coding, and what that code can do for you, right? With Classic ASP, you can do a lot.
See Classic ASP in all its glory! Demo the DMXReady CMS v3 Suite, built entirely using Classic ASP. Robust, easy-to-use, and a built-in database make it easy for programmers and do-it-yourselfers alike to get their mobile ready CMS website up in no time.
Happy website building!
The Team @ DMXReady
One way to avoid this is to create a "single" website that looks and works beautifully on all devices & browsers using DMXReady CMS v3 Suite featuring Bootstrap.
Visit wrapbootstrap.com and choose from hundreds of free and premium Bootstrap templates that are web-ready and mobile ready at the same time.
Top 5 Bootstrap Resources To Get Your Website Mobile-Ready
- Twitter Bootstrap: Download the bootstrap framework which includes everything you need to make your existing website (or v1 DMXReady apps), mobile & tablet device friendly.
- Bootstrap CMS Suite Website Template: DMXReady's "Turn Key" CMS website template built with bootstrap.
- wrapbootstrap: Choose from hundreds of free and premium Bootstrap templates that are web-ready and mobile ready at the same time.
- bootsnipp.com: Design elements and code snippets for Bootstrap HTML/CSS/JS framework.
- bootstraphero.com - List of 267 Useful Twitter Bootstrap Resources.
Get $100 Off CMS Suite v3
Build on Your Own Time & Space...
Since we launched DMXReady CMS v3, we're hearing that one of the great things about DMXReady CMS v3 Suite, is that you can build your new website on the same server as your current website - without ever having the two interfere. That means you can build on your own time, and you don't have to play around with sandboxes or secondary server/domains. When you're ready to go, just switch one file and your new site is live.
You can also build a second product-or service-specific website to complement your old one, all on the same Windows server, and all without a conflict. It's a web developer's dream...
We Just Made Simple, Simpler
Are you building your own website, and want to get it up faster and easier? Are you a developer looking for shortcuts to reduce your design time and make more money?
DMXReady CMS Suite v3 is a giant leap forward in CMS web design - the first truly cut-and-paste CMS system. So intuitive, so smooth, you'll have your website up and running in no time! Just cut (or copy) your content from Word, Photoshop, etc.; create a page and paste your content; then save and publish the page. Presto - you're live!
How Simple is "Simple"?
Really simple! Just upload DMXReady CMS Suite v3 to your Windows server, and start adding your content. Assuming you have developed all your content already, you can literally have your new website up and running in just a couple of hours!
Built-in database with your CMS
Manage your whole website from a simplified built-in Dashboard
Add new pages in a snap - your menu automatically updates
Turn on and off built-in apps as needed - no downloading or compatibility issues (see list of 5 built-in apps here)
"Brand" your site with logo, site name, and slogan on one centralize Admin page
Skin your site with Twitter Bootstrap themes http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/index.html with just one click, or add your own theme
Create dynamic members-only areas, FAQs page, Contact page, slideshow, even a full ecommerce PayPal store, all from built-in apps - included at no extra charge!
As always, DMXReady CMS Suite v3 is fully open source you can customize your CMS right down to the code level using Classic ASP (VBScript). In fact, DMXReady CMS Suite v3 is one of the few CMS available on the market today built exclusively in classic ASP to run on ANY Windows server.
See DMXReady CMS Suite v3 in action with this live site! http://www.skimohan.com
Just our way of saying, Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas from all of us at DMXReady
The beauty of DMXReady is that it gives you a huge step towards creating a unique website solution so that you don't have to build from scratch. However you may need to customize it to your needs, changing the design, the graphics, or even the code. We encourage you to do it yourself.
If you don't have the time or the desire to customize yourself, there are thousands of web designers who can help you. But how do you find the right one?
- Determine what you need- The better you can narrow down the project - adding a template, adding graphics, or building the whole thing for you, etc. - the better you'll know what kind of web professional you should hire. For example, a web designer can skin your website, but may not be able to make changes to your database.
- Contact several designers for quotes- You'll likely find a wide variety of quotes - and the lowest quote isn't necessarily the best one. Read their proposals carefully to be sure of (a) what is covered in the proposal and (b) they sound like they know what they're talking about. There's nothing worse than a designer who disappears after he gets in over his head (and takes your 50% retainer with him...
- Make sure they are comfortable working with Classic ASP and VBScript - Some web designers are comfortable working in any medium like HTML, ASP, etc., while others specialize.
Web Professional Qualifications You Should Look For
Here is a basic list of requirements for your reference. Note again that depending on what you need, not all of these skills are necessary for every project:
- Experience/familiarity coding in Classic ASP (VBscript)
- Have experience working with web databases (MS ACCESS, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Experience using shared hosting services (1and1, GoDaddy, Rackspace etc.)
- Experience working with CSS/Ajax/JQuery
- Familiarity with the Windows Server Environment (Windows 2003, IIS 7)
- Experience using Dreamweaver or another HTML editor (if they've never used an HTML editor, that should be a red flag...)
- Familarity with design resources like themeforest.net, adobe.com etc.
How to hire Professional help
- How to hire aweb design firm: http://webdesign.about.com/od/strategy/a/hire_web_design.htm
- How to hire the rightfreelance web designer: http://thenextweb.com/dd/2011/05/28/how-to-hire-the-right-freelance-web-designer/
- How to hire awebmasterfor your site: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/218121
- How to hire aprogrammer: http://sivers.org/how2hire, http://37signals.com/svn/posts/2628-how-to-hire-a-programmer-when-youre-not-a-programmerhttp://www.ehow.com/how_107863_hire-graphic-designer.html
- How to hire aweb host: http://blog.styleapple.com/how-to-choose-the-right-web-hosting-company/
Where to hire professional helpThere are hundreds of 1000's of freelance programmers, web designers, coders, webmasters, graphic designers, content managers, copywriters, seo specialist etc. willing and able to help you customize your DMXReady app to your exact specifications. Here are a few websites offering a quick and easy way to hire a professional help :
- Hire a Freelance Programmer- There are 1000's of freelance programmers willing and able to modify your DMXReady app to your exact specifications. Here are a few websites offering a quick and easy way to hire a programmer. See the complete list here:
- Post your project requirements on Craigslist-http://www.ehow.com/how_2032763_post-job-openings.html
- Do-It-Yourself - No matter what your skill level now, you can always learn how to do it yourself. In fact, 99% of web designers today are self-taught, and if they can do it, you can do it too. - Learn how.
Showing 16 to 20 of 133 Post