Migrating from an existing v2 app
This process will overwrite existing files inside the dmxreadyv2 folder and update your database.
Steps if using MS Access database:
- Create a backup copy of your dmxreadyv2 folder on your local
- Unzip the cms-suite files inside your local (this will overwrite existing files inside the dmxreadyv2 folder)
- Database changes:
- Download the latest copy of your mdb database from the server and open the original db located here: /dmxreadyv2/databases/cms.mdb
- Open the new database located here: /dmxreadyv2/database/cms-suite.mdb
- Using MS Access, copy the table cms_tblPages + cms_tblPagesProjects from original db "cms.mdb" and paste (replace) inside the new database "cms-suite.mdb".
- Save changes to database
- Upload all files to server
- Unlock your application
To continue using your existing v2 database, make the following changes to database tables.
Database Changes if using existing v2 database
- Add column "DefaultProjectID" to table "cms_tblConfiguration"
(DefaultProjectID, int, 10, 1)
- Add column "Display_ShowCart_Icon" to table "cms_tblPagesProjects"
(Display_ShowCart_Icon, varchar, 10, True)
- Add column "Display_ShowMembers_Area"cms_tblPagesProjects"
(Display_ShowMembers_Area, varchar, 10, True)
- You can add a "Website Temporarily Unavailable" page to your site and make it the default home page until you complete the installation/upgrade
- Always make a backup of the files on the server in case you need to reverse your changes
- Your footer information, site logo, favicon and other site setup details will have to be re-input or copied from the original "cms_tblConfiguration"