Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
Account List Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide Account List Manager v1
DMXReady Account List Manager is a handy application that allows you to organize and manage an online address book. Perfect for larger companies and organizations, Account List Manager is your own personal Yellow Pages that can be displayed on an intranet or the Internet. Add photos or logos, website url, even a map to the location. Update, add, edit, and delete entries quickly through the user-friendly Admin page. Managing and display your organization's online address book has never been easier!
Depending on the amount of the Account List items, you may find it better to break down page into different categories. DMXReady Account List Manager allows you define categories easily.
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/AccountListManager/admin.asp You will note an empty table with the following headers: Item Name, Category, Account ID, Address, City, and an Insert New link.
- Click on the Insert New link.
- This is the main area used for inserting new records to your account list. In the box titled "Additional Details" (located on the bottom right of the page), click on Add/Edit Category.
- A pop-up box will appear. Enter the name of your Category Label in the text box provided, and the optional Category Description if required.
- Click the Update button.
- The box below will also update once your category is added to the database; it will now say "Add list values to Category labeled as:" with the name of the category label that you have just entered. In the adjacent text box, enter the name of your first category and click on the Insert New button. Repeat this process until you have added all necessary categories.
- Account List Manager allows you to categorize your entries in up to six different ways. For example, you may want visitors to be able to view the Account List by region, by company or product type, by status, by city, etc. etc. Go back to the Insert New Record page, and repeat steps 3-6 for each new category label you wish to include.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: SAVE YOUR CHANGES OFTEN!
Due to security reasons, Account List Manager does not auto backup any changes to your server. Therefore it is recommended that you save your changes often. If you fail to save your changes, not only will your edits not be “published” to your server, you will also lose any changes that you have made and you will have to start again.
Once you have designated a category, it can be easily changed, replaced, or deleted. This can be done at anytime during creation or administration of the website; all changes made to category names will be automatically updated throughout Account List Manager.
- From the Account List Manager admin page, click on the Category Insert New link.
- In the Additional Details box, click on the Add/Edit link next to the category label you wish to edit. Its pop-up box will appear. Scroll down to the category you wish to change, make the changes, and click on the Update button.
- To delete the category altogether, click on Delete.
Once you have created your categories, you are ready to add all current account list items. (Don’t worry if you think of another category during this process, just click on Add/Edit Category again and you can immediately insert it.)
- From the Admin page, click on Insert New Item
- Use the pull-down menu to select the category(s) you want to enter the record under (if applicable).
- In the corresponding text boxes, type the name, address, website url, etc. You can also add a short description of the account, include a photo or logo, and add a map to the entry.
- When you have entered all information, click on the Insert Record button at the bottom left.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Why a Map?
The option to include a map to the address location is of course the decision of the website owner. But it can be a handy tool, especially if members of the company/orgainzation regularly travel between sites in different cities.
- To change an account list item or its corresponding name, descriptions, etc., go to the Admin page.
- Click the Edit link next to the item that you wish to change. Make the required changes and click Save Record.
- To delete an account list item, go to the Admin page.
- Click Delete next to the entry that you wish to remove. All information will be immediately removed from the server.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: To Avoid Losing an Account List Item Altogether...
If it is at all possible that you may want to reuse the entry again in the future, you may find it better to simply deactivate the item by clicking off the 'Activate' checkbox in the editing page. The entry will no longer appear to visitors of your page, but the information will still be available for you to change or activate as you need in the future.
The admin page shows only 20 items at a time. Click on the on the bottom links (Next, Last, etc.) to scroll through the items.
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady Account List Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of Account List Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the Account List Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using Account List Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin Account List Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin Account List Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & Account List Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from Account List Manager v1.
- Wrap the Account List Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin Account List Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use Account List Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize Account List Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):