Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
Event Listing Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide Event Listing Manager v1
If your client is in the business of promoting or marketing events of any kind, then DMXReady’s Event Listing Manager is a must. Easily store, organize, and display information on an infinite amount of events. Include all pertinent information such as date, location, price – even include a map to the event!
Because Event Listing Manager is database-driven, your client can easily insert, update, and edit listings themselves with the most basic of browser and e-mail skills. This is especially important for time-sensitive and fluid information like event listings when event times, locations, and restrictions can change at any moment. With the power of Event Listing Manager, your client can make these changes in real time!
DMXReady Event Listing Manager gives you the script you need for a versatile event list page without the scripting hassle.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Set the Course of Events...
For those with a large number of events, you may want to plan the Event Listing ahead of time. Break down the events into separate categories (concerts, sports, etc.), or at least identify what those categories will be. Although DMXReady's Event Listing Manager is easy to use, pre-planning will make using this tool even easier!
When you first install DMXReady Event Listing Manager into a Dreamweaver MX website, you will note a sample database that you may experiment with. Once you are ready to start your own Event Listing page, you can delete these entries as shown below.
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/EventListingManager/admin.asp You will note a table with the following headers: Category, Event Name, Date, Location, an 'Activated' checkbox, and a link listed as Insert New.
- Click on Insert New.
- Click on Add/Edit New Category.
- A pop-up box will appear. In the text box next to Add New Category, type the name of your first category and click on Insert New.
- The pop-up window disappears and you are back to the Event Listing creation page. Repeat the above process until all your categories are included.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: SAVE YOUR CHANGES OFTEN!
Due to security reasons, Event Listing Manager does not autobackup any changes to your server. Therefore it is recommended that you save your changes often. If you fail to save your changes, not only will your edits not be “published” to your server, you will also lose any changes that you have made and you will have to start again.
Once you have designated a category, it can be easily changed, replaced, or deleted. This can be done at anytime during creation or administration of the website; all changes made to category names will be automatically updated throughout the Event Listing.
- In the Event Listing creation page, click on Edit.
- When the pop-up window appears, select the category you wish to change. Once you've made the changes, click on Update.
- To delete the category altogether, click on Delete.
Once you have created your categories, you are ready to add all current event listings. (Don’t worry if you think of another category during this process, just click on Add/Edit Category again and you can immediately insert it.)
- On the Insert New Item page, use the pull-down menu to select the category you want to enter the document under (if applicable).
- In the corresponding text boxes, type the event name, descriptions, date/time, location, and price.
- In the Feature 1, Feature 2... boxes, insert extra comments, restrictions, or explanations about the event.
- In the 'Link to Map' box, type the location of the Yahoo! map showing the event location. You can also click on Visit Yahoo Maps to locate the correct map.
- Click Publish to Events Listings Page. The event information will automatically be uploaded to your server.
- Repeat this process until all current events are inserted into your Event Listing.
- To change a document name, description, or file, go to the Show All page (the first page that appears when you enter the admin page).
- Click Edit next to the Event Listing that you wish to change. All the document's information will appear just as you have entered it. Make the required changes and click Publish to Events Listings Page.
- To delete a Event Listing, go to the Show All page (the first page that appears when you enter the admin page).
- Click Delete next to the Event Listing that you wish to remove. All information will be immediately removed from the server.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: To Avoid Losing Event Listing Information Altogether...
If it is at all possible that you may want to reuse the Event Listing again in the future, but you do not want that particular Event Listing on the website at the moment, you may find it better to simply deactivate the Event Listing by clicking off the 'Activate' checkbox in the editing page. The Event Listing will no longer appear to visitors of your page, but the information will still be available for you to change or activate as you need in the future.
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady Event Listing Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of Event Listing Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the Event Listing Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using Event Listing Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin Event Listing Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin Event Listing Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & Event Listing Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from Event Listing Manager v1.
- Wrap the Event Listing Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin Event Listing Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use Event Listing Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize Event Listing Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):