Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
FAQs Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide FAQs Manager v1
The “Frequently Asked Questions” section is one of the key areas of a website. Most website traffic – those who are serious about the offered product or service – will review the FAQs. And as business changes, so will customer questions. You clients need an easy-to-manage system to keep your FAQs (and your facts) up to date.
DMX Ready FAQ Manager, like all DMX Ready applications, features a user-friendly Content Administration page, accessible through any standard web browser. Point-and-click management allows the user to define and organize categories, enter the “FAQ”, enter the answer, and even supply a FAQ related link which can direct customers to another page in the website, or to a different site altogether. With the Activated check box, each new FAQ can be added ahead of time, and then switched on when the FAQ takes effect.
Web developers save time and money with this unlimited usage app, and your clients will love the easy-to-update browser interface. Anyone who has basic Internet and e-mail skills can quickly update the FAQ page.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Get Your FAQs Straight First!
All FAQs will be listed in the order that they are entered. If you are converting an existing FAQ page, you will already have the list in order. However, if you are creating a FAQ page from scratch, you may find it useful to pre-plan the order and categories (if necessary) of your FAQ page before you begin inputing the data.
When you first install DMXReady FAQs Manager into a Dreamweaver MX website, you will note a sample database that you may experiment with. Once you are ready to start your own FAQs page, you can delete these entries as shown below.
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/FaqsManager/admin.asp You will note a table with the following headers: Category, Question, and a link listed as Insert New.
- Click on Insert New
- Click on Add/Edit New Category
- A pop-up box will appear. In the text box next to Add New Category, type the name of your first category and click on Insert New
- The pop-up window disappears and you are back to the FAQ creation page. Repeat the above process until all your categories are included.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: SAVE YOUR CHANGES OFTEN!
Due to security reasons, FAQs Manager does not autobackup any changes to your server. Therefore it is recommended that you save your changes often. If you fail to save your changes, not only will your edits not be “published” to your server, you will also lose any changes that you have made and you will have to start again.
Once you have designated a category, it can be easily changed, replaced, or deleted. This can be done at anytime during creation or administration of the website; all changes made to category names will be automatically updated throughout the FAQ page.
- From the admin.asp page, click on Insert New
- Click on Add/Edit New Category.
- When the pop-up window appears, select the category you wish to change. Once you've made the changes, click on Update.
- To delete the category altogether, click on Delete.
Once you have created your categories, you are ready to add the FAQ Questions and Answers. (Don’t worry if you think of another category later, just click on Add/Edit Category again and you can immediately insert it.)
- From the admin page, click on Insert New.
- Use the pull-down menu to select the category you want to enter the FAQ under (if applicable).
- In the corresponding text boxes, type the FAQ Question and the FAQ Answer.
- If there is a supporting link (a reference to a different website or an internal link that may give additional support resources), add the url in the text box provided.
- If you want to save your changes to the server, but do not want the FAQ "live" immediately, click on the Activate check box to remove the checkmark and deactivate the page.
- Click Publish to FAQ Page.
- Repeat this process until all FAQs are inserted into your FAQ page.
- From the admin page, click on Insert New.
- Click Edit next to the FAQ that you wish to change. All the FAQ information will appear just as you have entered it.
- Make the required changes and click Publish to FAQ Page.
- From the admin page, click on Insert New
- Click Delete next to the FAQ that you wish to remove. All information will be immediately removed from the server.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: To Avoid Losing FAQ Information Altogether...
If it is at all possible that you may want to reuse the FAQ again in the future, but you do not want that particular FAQ on the website at the moment, you may find it better to simply deactivate the FAQ as described above. The FAQ will no longer appear to visitors of your page, but the information will still be available to you to change or activate as you need in the future.
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady FAQs Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of FAQs Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the FAQs Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using FAQs Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin FAQs Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin FAQs Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & FAQs Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from FAQs Manager v1.
- Wrap the FAQs Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin FAQs Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use FAQs Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize FAQs Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):