Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
Links Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide Links Manager v1
We’ve all visited pages before where their “convenient” link page is more like a link graveyard. Not only does this waste some of the precious time we’ve invested into that website, we also begin to suspect that the information on the whole website is faulty. Chances are, we’ll move along.
DMXReady’s Links Manager makes the process of keeping your link page updated easy. Rather than change and upload an entire page, your clients can quickly update each link in real time on their Admin page, accessed through any standard browser. As soon as a dead or moved link is discovered, it can be removed or changed. And adding new links is a snap too.
Combine with DMXReady’s Contact Us Manager, and your client’s visitors will be able to send dead link information immediately for even faster updating.
Your client wants a professional site – that’s why they came
to you. Don’t risk tarnishing that image with dead links!
For those with a large number of links, you may want to do a bit of planning ahead of time. Break down the links into separate categories, or at least identify what those categories will be. Although DMXReady's Links Manager is easy to use, pre-planning will make using this tool even easier!
When you first install DMXReady Links Manager into a Dreamweaver MX website, you will note a sample database that you may experiment with. Once you are ready to start your own Links page, you can delete these entries as shown below.
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/LinksManager/admin.asp You will note a table with the following headers: Category, Name, LInk URL, and a link listed as Insert New.
- Click on Insert New.
- Click on Add/Edit New Category.
- A pop-up box will appear. In the text box next to Add New Category, type the name of your first category and click on Insert New.
- The pop-up window disappears and you are back to the Links creation page. Repeat the above process until all your categories are included.
Due to security reasons, Links Manager does not autobackup any changes to your server. Therefore it is recommended that you save your changes often. If you fail to save your changes, not only will your edits not be “published” to your server, you will also lose any changes that you have made and you will have to start again.
Once you have designated a category, it can be easily changed, replaced, or deleted. This can be done at anytime during creation or administration of the website; all changes made to category names will be automatically updated throughout the Links.
- In the Links creation page, click on Add/Edit New Category.
- When the pop-up window appears, select the category you wish to change. Once you've made the changes, click on Update.
- To delete the category altogether, click on Delete.
Once you have created your categories, you are ready to add all current Links. (Don’t worry if you think of another category during this process, just click on Add/Edit Category again and you can immediately insert it.)
- On the Insert New Item page, use the pull-down menu to select the category you want to enter the document under (if applicable).
- In the corresponding text boxes, type the link name, description, and URL.
- Click Publish to Links Listing Page. The event information will automatically be uploaded to your server.
- Repeat this process until all current events are inserted into your Links.
- To change a link name, description, or URL, go to the Show All page (the first page that appears when you enter the admin page).
- Click Edit next to the Links that you wish to change. All the document's information will appear just as you have entered it. Make the required changes and click Publish to Links Listing Page.
- To delete a Link, go to the Show All page (the first page that appears when you enter the admin page).
- Click Delete next to the Links that you wish to remove. All information will be immediately removed from the server.
If it is at all possible that you may want to reuse the Link again in the future, but you do not want that particular Link on the website at the moment, you may find it better to simply deactivate the Link by clicking off the 'Activate' checkbox in the editing page. The Link will no longer appear to visitors of your page, but the information will still be available for you to change or activate as you need in the future.
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady Links Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of Links Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the Links Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using Links Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin Links Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin Links Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & Links Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from Links Manager v1.
- Wrap the Links Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin Links Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use Links Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize Links Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):