Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
News Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide News Manager v1
DMXReady News Manager makes the task of constantly updating and adding news items easy. Add or edit new items, archive old news, add pictures, display the article intro, all through the included user-friendly admin page. DMXReady News Manager helps organize and display all press releases, media advisories, and news items on one easy-to-read page. This powerful app also allows readers the option to "E-mail this Article to a Friend".
Once you have designed the look and feel of the fully customizable web page and News Manager application, your clients will have the power to easily manage their own news!
When you first install DMXReady News Manager into a Dreamweaver MX website, you will note a sample database that you may experiment with. Once you are ready to start your own News page, you can delete these entries as shown below.
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/NewsManager/admin.asp You will note a table with the following headers: Item Name, Activated, Category (Add/Edit), Date Added, Archive Date, Edit, Delete, and Preview.
- Click on the Category Add/Edit link.
- A pop-up box will appear. In the text box next to Add New Category, type the name of your first category and click on Create. Repeat this process until you have added all necessary categories.
- You can also add sub-categories to each category in the text box directly below. Choose the top category from the pull-down menu, then follow the same procedure as above.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: SAVE YOUR CHANGES OFTEN!
Due to security reasons, News Manager does not auto backup any changes to your server. Therefore it is recommended that you save your changes often. If you fail to save your changes, not only will your edits not be “published” to your server, you will also lose any changes that you have made and you will have to start again.
Once you have designated a category, it can be easily changed, replaced, or deleted. This can be done at anytime during creation or administration of the website; all changes made to category names will be automatically updated throughout News Manager.
- In the News Manager creation page, click on the Category Add/Edit link.
- When the pop-up window appears, click on the Edit link. Once you've made the changes, click on Update Record.
- To add a picture or icon to a category, click on the Add Image link. You will be prompted to browse your hard drive for the image. Once you have located the image, click on the Upload Image button, and the image will be automatically saved to the server.
- To delete the category altogether, click on Delete.
Once you have created your categories, you are ready to add all current news items. (Don’t worry if you think of another category during this process, just click on Add/Edit Category again and you can immediately insert it.)
- On the Admin page, click on ADD News Item (near the top left).
- Use the pull-down menu to select the category you want to enter the document under (if applicable).
- In the corresponding text boxes, type the Headline, and a short description. You can insert the beginning of the news item instead of the description if you wish (approximately 20 words).
- In the main text box to the right, add the body of the news item. Use the word processor tools above the text box to format the text. If you are unfamiliar with any of the symbols, simply hover above with your cursor to see what each button is for.
- Once you have formatted the text, click the Save button near the bottom left. The date will automatically appear before the news item.
- Repeat this process until all current news items are inserted into News Manager.
- All news items will automatically include a "E-mail to a Friend" link in the bottom right corner at the end of the article.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: DMXReady News Manager Uses Powerful Web-Based WSYIWYG Text Editor
DMXReady News Manager uses cutting-edge content authoring and editing tools to make text input even easier. Similar to the Microsoft Word environment, you and your clients can do advanced content formatting online and in real time. Whether you wish to type directly into the text editor, or whether you cut and paste from your own word processor, you can still have confidence in the user-friendly interface to do all the finishing formats and editing. You can even add images directly to the body of your text!
- To change a news item or its corresponding name, descriptions, etc., go to the Admin page.
- Click the Edit link next to the article that you wish to change. Make the required changes and click Save Record.
- You can preview the changes by clicking on the Click for Live Preview link.
- To delete a news item, go to the Admin page.
- Click Delete next to the News article that you wish to remove. All information will be immediately removed from the server.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: To Avoid Losing a News Article Altogether...
If it is at all possible that you may want to reuse the news item again in the future, you may find it better to simply deactivate the article by clicking off the 'Activate' checkbox in the editing page, or on the main admin page. The message will no longer appear to visitors of your page, but the information will still be available for you to change or activate as you need in the future.
- From the Admin page, click on the Edit link next to the corresponding news article.
- Fill in the appropriate text boxes with the author's name and e-mail address.
- Click on the Save Record button near the bottom left of the page. The author's name will appear before the article with a link to the author's e-mail address (if added).
By default, inserted news items are set to automatically archive in 2 days. Once archived, they will no longer appear on the current news page, though visitors will still be able to view, view by category, and search for the article by pressing the View Archive button.
- To change the archive date, go to the Admin page and click on the corresponding text box under the Archive Date column.
- Enter the new archive date, and click the Save Changes button on the right side above the list of news articles.
- The page will automatically refresh, and the Archive in XX Days will change to state the number of days before the article will be archived.
Rather than delete articles that you may wish to display again in the future, you can choose to deactivate them. They will remain in the database, but will not be displayed on the web page.
- In the Admin page, click on the corresponding check box to deactivate an article
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- To reactivate, repeat the above steps.
- You can also activate/deactivate in the News Item Edit page.
The admin page shows only 20 items at a time. Click on the on the bottom links (Next, Last, etc.) to scroll through the items. Items are listed in descending order from the most recent article added to DMXReady News Manager.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Preview Your Work
You can preview any changes you've made from the Admin page by clicking on the Live Preview link. Be sure to save all changes by clicking the Save Changes button before previewing.
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady News Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of News Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the News Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using News Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin News Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin News Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & News Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from News Manager v1.
- Wrap the News Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin News Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use News Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize News Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):