Tech Support Options
Your DMXReady software purchase includes 30 Days FREE email support for installation & setup. If you are no longer eligible for free email support (30 days from
Free Tech Support
DMXReady customers are eligible for:
Extended Warranty Program
Enjoy worry-free ownership & usage for one year - $99/year. Receive priority email support, unlimited patches, bug fixes and updates of your DMXReady software product.Purchase Here
Purchase priority email support on a Pay-Per-Incident basis - $45/ticket. Receive personalized troubleshooting, debugging and coaching support for the resolution of "ONE" support incident.Purchase Here
Secure Login Manager v1 Help Pages
User Guide Secure Login Manager v1
DMXReady Secure Login Manager provides everything you need to quickly and easily password protect web pages, sections, even you whole website with just one line of script.
With Secure Login Manager, you can Instantly block unauthorized users
from sensitive areas for you website, keeping your information "For Your
Eyes Only". You can also password access to file downloads areas and
database folders on your server to ensure tighter security. Plug in the
pre-built Login page so authorized users can access restricted areas on
your site; add, modify, and delete user information including
usernames/passwords, security access levels, and redirection pages through
admin page; and secure all application files within every DMXReady
Application folder by simply adding one line of script to the header.asp
The unlimited-usage app includes a customizable login page, pre-configured MS Access database, and user-friendly administration page. Set up is a snap, and maintenance is even easier - anybody with basic Internet skills can become the Site Security Manager... including your clients.
And with the flexibility and open source script that DMXReady provides, you will appreciate how easy it is to adapt to your client's website!
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Build a Security Plan
Map out the website ahead of time, and group information into different security levels as required. Although DMXReady's Secure Login Manager is easy to use, pre-planning will make using this tool even easier!
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Creating a Logout Button
The script for the Logout is included in the "inc_personalization.asp" file and can be used as a stand-alone logout page. However, you can also use the "inc_logout.asp" script* as an SSI within any ASP page. Fully customizable, you can use the Logout text, or insert a graphic instead.
*Some early versions of
DMXReady Secure Login Manager did not include the "inc_logout.asp"
script. If you cannot find it (found in
/applications/SecureLoginManager/components) then e-mail tech support for the
DMXReady application pages do not have to be secured separately. Instead, add the "inc_security.asp" script (or the security script of your choice -- see Security Levels, below) to the top of the header.asp page for each application. For example, adding the script to [www.yourdomain.com/admin/SecureLoginManager/header.asp] will secure all ASP pages within the [/SecureLoginManager] folder, including admin.asp. You will effectively password protect your admin page and all other components of that application.
Note: Each application must be secured separately by adding the script to the top of its respective header.asp pages. If you receive an error during testing of any new scripting, try closing all instances of your browser, reopen, and test again.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Secure All Web Pages With One Script
The reason you are able to secure all of your DMXReady Application folders with one line of script is because the header.asp file is called into every other ASP file, which in turn calls the inc_security.asp file. You can secure your site in a similar method. Simply call the same file to the top of each page (i.e.. #include virtual="/yourpagefolder/topbanner.asp" where topbanner.asp is the "header" of each page). Then, include the inc_security.asp file into your topbanner.asp, and each page will automatically be secured.
Rather than re-scripting a whole new header page, feel free to modify the header.asp file included with Secure Login Manager (but make sure to save it as a different file name like topbanner.asp!)
- Open the admin.asp page through any standard browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/SecureLoginManager/admin.asp
- You will note several text boxes with the following headings: Member Name, Email Address, User Name, Password, and a pull-down menu labeled Security Level.
- Enter the information into the appropriate boxes, then click on Insert New.
- The screen will refresh, and the new member will appear underneath. Additional information such as Login Count and Last Date will automatically update as the member logs in on the website.
- To delete a member, simply click on the checkbox in the Delete column, and click Update.
- To deactivate a member without losing all information about that member, click off the checkbox in the Activated column and click Update.
- Note that you can search all members by name. Only those matches will appear at the bottom of the page, making it handy for managing larger member lists.
- Any members deactivated or deleted will be denied further access to the secured web pages, regardless of past visits.
Secure Login Manager can redirect users to different areas of the website, depending on their level of authorization.
- At the top right of the Admin Page, click on Set Security Preferences
- There are three levels of user authorization: visitor, member, and admin. For each level, add the appropriate url(s) for each security level to open after login has been completed, and the appropriate url(s) for logout.
- Add an appropriate url for Unauthorized User redirection. Generally, you will want to direct visitors to the Login page, where unauthorized users will not be able to continue.
- Click Update (or Save in the case of Unauthorized User)
Should any member lose their password to the site, an e-mail message can be sent automatically to that member via the address included with the member's information. Create a custom message and insert contact info.
- At the top right of the Admin Page, click on Configure "Lost Password" Message
- Type in the return e-mail address, subject line, and message in the appropriate text boxes.
- The three footer boxes at the bottom can display the company slogan, website address, phone numbers, etc.
- Click Update.
- Add the following script at the top of the web page
you wish to secure:
- Note: since this calls the security script to propagate within the web page, turning it into an active page itself, the page must be saved with the .asp extension. For example, if you are securing your Contact Us page (for some reason), then you would save the file "contact.htm" as "contact.asp".
- Your page is now secure! Any attempts to access the page, either through a link, bookmark, or by typing the url into the address bar, will prevent visitors from viewing that page until they have logged in. Repeat this process with each web page and upload to your server after you have read the "Security Levels" section below.
- To secure several pages automatically, see the DMXReady Designer's Tip under the Securing Application Pages, above.
The security file quoted below is one of several files that can be used or modified. Read the "Security Levels" section below before actually securing each page with the example script.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: Check Your Available Security Scripts
In the example above the "inc_security.asp" file is used, though there are several different securing files like "inc_security_access_level1.asp". At least five extra security level files were not included in the initial release of Secure Login Manager; if "inc_security_access_level1.asp" does not appear in the same folder as the "inc_security.asp" file (found in the "applications/SecureLoginManager/components" folder) then go to DMXReady to download these files.
See "Security Levels", below, for more information on how to use these files.
DMXReady Secure Login Manager has three security levels: visitor, member, and admin. As the names imply, you can use each level to incrementally increase the security level. For example, authorized visitors may access some parts of the website, but will be unable to view those pages restricted to those with members and admin designations. Unauthorized users will be unable to make it past the Login page.
For ease of use within the application, each security level is also assigned a number. Admin is 1, Member is 2, and Visitor is 3.
There are two ways to assign a required security level for viewing any particular page: manually by modifying the script of the "inc_security.asp" file, or by choosing the correct pre-configured security scripts.
Modifying the "inc_security.asp" Script
- Open the "inc_security.asp" file, found in the /SecureLoginManager/components folder.
- Line 22 should read: MM_authorizedUsers="1,2,3" where the numbers represent the security levels.
- Change the numbers to include only the restriction levels you wish to allow access for that page. For example, changing the line to: MM_authorizedUsers="1,2," would allow only those users who have either admin or member designation to view the page. Visitors (Level 3) would be denied access.
Using Customized "inc_security.asp" Scripts
- DMXReady provides several pre-configured scripts to customize security levels found in the /SecureLoginManager/components/ folder:
As the names imply, access to the secured page is restricted to only the levels listed.
- Include the appropriate file to each secured page, as described in Securing Individual Web Pages, above.
DMXReady Designer's Tip: IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SECURITY
DMXReady Secure Login Manager is designed in Dreamweaver. As such, we do not and cannot make the claim that using DMXReady Secure Login Manager will make a web page "hack-proof". Secure Login Manager is a tool, like a file cabinet lock, to deter unauthorized access to sensitive information. And like a file cabinet lock, there is always the possibility that the lock could be broken. Carefully consider all sensitive information that you display on any website.
DMXREADY PROVIDES NO OTHER REMEDIES OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR THE PRODUCT, AND THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS
IS". DMXREADY ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR LOST, STOLEN, OR OTHERWISE
TAMPERED INFORMATION DURING THE USE OF THIS
What you need to complete installation:
- DMXReady Secure Login Manager v1 zip file (download from members area)
- Winzip, 7-zip or other zip program
- FileZilla, BulletFTP, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver or other FTP client
- Unzip all files to your local site, the folder location on your computer that holds your website files.
- Upload all files and folders to your web server exactly as they were unzipped (DO NOT MODIFY file or folder names)
- Start using your application! - you can access the display page and admin page through the following url's (you need to substitute your domain name):
Location of Application:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
Your default login credentials for the Admin Area are:
Congratulations! You are now ready to setup your installation of Secure Login Manager v1
- Open the Admin Control Panel of your application through any standard browser:
Location of Admin Control Panel:
- Adding, editing, and deleting entries and Settings is fairly intuitive. However, instructions can be found in the user guide. Be sure to use the “Save” button/link to save any changes you make before you exit the page.
- Configure your server permissions (if necessary): Depending on how your web host has configured your web space, you may encounter a problem where your changes are not being saved to the database. To solve this problem, you simply need to change the read/write permissions on your "/databases/" folder, found in your web space control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your web host company for instructions.
- Configure your email settings (if necessary): Follow the instructions from the readme.html file included in the Secure Login Manager v1 zip file or admin control panel for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your email settings to match your web hosts requirements.
- Securing Your Admin Area - For security reasons, remember to change the default username and password.
- Securing Your Database: DMXReady HIGHLY recommends you secure your database by following the instructions in our Online Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshooting Web Server Errors: Refer to our troubleshooting section if you encounter problems using Secure Login Manager v1.
Warranty & Support Conditions
Your DMXReady software purchase includes:
- 15 Day full refund guarantee. See our refund policy for more info.
- 30 Days email support for installation & setup. See our support policy for more info.
- Full lifetime access to the DMXReady product support portal.
Skin Secure Login Manager v1 with your own css template
It’s easy to skin Secure Login Manager v1, whether you are using Bootstrap, CSS templates or the “old-fashioned” HTML templates. You get all the power of a database-driven CMS application built into your own beautiful designs. Here's how to do it:
- Download and Extract your Template & Secure Login Manager v1 files to your local site folder.
- Create a copy of the main template file (index.html) and rename "index.asp".
- Open your new "index.asp" file and replace the placeholder html with the appropriate include files from Secure Login Manager v1.
- Wrap the Secure Login Manager v1 html with the appropriate CSS Div and Id classes using the original index.html file as a guide.
- Upload all files and you are ready to go!
This process may be challenging but the results are well worth it! It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that you can do this with all your DMXReady applications – or your complete web site for that matter. Skin your old content for a new look and feel!
Want your app to look and work beautifully on ANY mobile device?
Now you can re-skin Secure Login Manager v1 using the amazing Twitter Bootstrap responsive design framework. Designers and do-it-yourselfers can use Secure Login Manager v1 as a jumping off point to build stunning custom CMS websites or develop slick web apps for the mobile web.
Test-drive DMXReady Links Manager v2 and see for yourself how you can modernize Secure Login Manager v1 to look & work beautifully on ANY mobile device.
You are just two steps from plugging in your new DMXReady application directly into your new or existing website. First, enter your domain name (without the www.):